Face changes are natural due to aging or genetics. According to research, attractiveness is very important to humans. People judge us or not, we are not aware of it but we often judge people based on their looks. When people age, the shape of their faces begins to change and dulls. It generally happens when fat builds in the neck, and the skin begins to sag and the jaw muscle begins to shrink. It may cause your jawline less defined.
There are various exercises you can do which may help you define your jawline. Exercising the neck, chin, jaw, and other facial muscles can positively bring subtle changes in your face skin, and shape. Also, it includes a perfect jawline and sharper cheekbones.
According to a study, practicing regular facial and jawline exercises for around 20 weeks can lead to a more youthful appearance with fuller cheeks. Also, studies have shown that women prefer men with the strong muscular jawline. For instance, you can consider Superman and the leading male actors from Christopher Reeve to Henry Cavill who have played the comic book hero.
As we discussed above that men’s and women’s age affects a lot in the shape of their faces goes through changes. Generally, the jawline becomes less defined if some extra fat is collected in the neck and jaw area, or if the muscles have begun to shrink.
However, you can’t totally fight aging or genetics. But with various jawline exercises, you can improve the look of your jawline. Exercising the jaw muscles build up muscles and lead to a more defined jawline. On the basis of two experts ie. Dr. Scott Michael Schreiber in rehabilitation and clinical nutrition and Cristina Osorio a yoga instructor. In this article, we will discuss various exercises for getting a defined jawline.
Exercises to get a Defined Jawline
If you do a gym workout, you may know that jaw and muscle stars rarely exercised. But this can cause a less defined jawline, neck pain, headaches, and even sagging skin. These exercises generally give your face a more defined or a younger look.
According to Studies, exercises for jawlines may help in reducing the chronic pain in nerves, jaw muscles, bones, and effects temporomandibular disorders.
Neck crunches are such as curl or abdominal crunch. This exercise is helpful in neck pain as it works on neck muscles that are rarely used. But you need to make sure that you do this exercise slowly and stop if you feel any pain.
- Firstly, start by Laying down on your back and then bring your tongue to the roof of your mouth.
- Then, bring your chin to your chest and then just lift your head about two to three inches off the ground. Remember, not to poke your chin out.
- Now, slowly lower your head back down. Don’t try to do too fast because it can cause neck strain.
- Repeat the same for few minutes.
In this exercise, sounding vowels stretch your mouth and stretch muscles of your mouth, especially around your lips.
- Firstly, open your mouth wide to create an “O” sound. You should exaggerate the vowel to tighten the muscles of your mouth.
- Now, open your mouth to say the “E” sound but make sure that you do not show or touch your teeth to exaggerate the vowel.
- Repeat the “O” and “E” sound movements and perform 3 sets of them.
The chin-up exercise helps in lifting the facial muscles especially of the lower half of your face. Also, this exercise is helpful for a perfect jawline.
- Firstly, you need to close your mouth and slowly push your jaw in a forwarding direction.
- Then, lift up your low lip and push it in an upward direction until you feel the stretch of muscles in your chin and jawline.
- Now, stay in the same position for about 10 seconds. Then repeat the same exercise a few times for better results.
The tongue twister exercise focus on targeting the muscles below the chin. It is very helpful in toning the jawline.
- Firstly, bring your tongue just behind your teeth to the roof of your mouth.
- Then, press your tongue firmly to close the roof of your mouth to create tension.
- Create a Hum(humming) sound in the form of a vibrating sound to activate your muscles.
The collarbone exercise helps in engaging the muscles under your chin that support your jaw.
- Firstly, sit down on the ground or on a chair.
- Then, bring your head backward several inches until you feel the muscles contracting of your side neck. Also, keep your chest as still as possible and your eyes over your shoulders. And, make sure to keep your chin parallel with the floor while moving.
- Repeat the same movement, but now move your head forward instead of backward direction.
Extra Tips For Jawline
However, while doing these exercises, it’s important to perform them slowly to prevent yourself from unexpected injury. In fact, going too fast or doing too many reps can cause neck strain because muscles are usually underdeveloped under the jaw. If you feel any pain while doing jawline exercises, you should stop right away. And, correct your form and make sure that your neck is aligned properly.
In any case, if you feel pain while exercising consult your healthcare professional or a neuromuscular dentist as soon as possible. According to experts, you should exercise for about 30 minutes a day. You can get amazing results by just doing workouts about 30 minutes a day at least six days a week in order to see significant results.
Facial exercises are best to get a perfect jawline. Facial and jawline exercises are also beneficial in maintaining the neck and facial muscles by keeping the jawline sharper and provide. In order to keep yourself fit and healthy, you’ll also need to get healthy diets and regular exercise.