When we enter or leave buildings, whether it’s at home or at work, we normally step on floors. As much as floors offer convenience when it comes to movement, they also help to enhance interior design. However, if they are left uncleaned, it easily becomes one of the dirtiest places. This article helps you to
When we enter or leave buildings, whether it’s at home or at work, we normally step on floors. As much as floors offer convenience when it comes to movement, they also help to enhance interior design. However, if they are left uncleaned, it easily becomes one of the dirtiest places. This article helps you to understand various cleaning equipment and products that are suitable for floors.
Table of Contents
- Importance Of Cleaning Floor
- Best Floor Cleaning Machines
- Best Floor Cleaning Chemicals
- Best Floor Cleaning Mops
- Floor Cleaning Tips And Tricks
- Floor Cleaning Service
Importance of Cleaning Floor
Regardless of the cleaning method or detergent, floors have to be cleaned on a regular basis. They are areas that are susceptible to spills, grease, stains, germs, and bacteria. Some of the benefits of cleaning floors include:
- Eliminating harmful and infectious germs or bacteria
- Helps to keep the house or any other building clean and tidy
- Cleaning is an important aspect of floor management
- Reduces chances of injuries
Best Floor Cleaning Machines
The best floor cleaning machine should be able to perfectly remove dirt without leaving stains and debris. Besides that, it should be able to easily get into tight spaces without the need for moving furniture and other stuff around. Some of the best floor cleaning machines in 2019 are:
- The Dupray Neat Steam: With a steam temperature of up to 275 degrees-Fahrenheit, this machine offers neat cleaning and instantly kills microbes, leaving the room spotless.
- Light ‘N’ Easy S7339: This machine works well on grout and it allows you to get under tables or chairs without breaking your back. It also has a steam sensor that releases more heat, making it easier to remove stains and dislodge dirt.
- Homitt Spin Scrubber: With a head that rotates up to 360 degrees, this machine has firm bristles that can remove even the toughest stains. It’s suitable for cleaning bathrooms.
- Bissell PowerFresh 1940: It removes dried-on messes with a lot of ease. Bissell PowerFresh 1940 is perfect for cleaning tight spaces thanks to its swivel steering and pivoting head.
Best Floor Cleaning Chemicals
Whether you are using a cleaning machine or a mop, you need to also use a cleaning chemical in order to remove the stains and eliminate bacteria. Spills, grease, and other types of dirt can’t be removed with water only. Some of the best floor cleaning chemicals include:
- Bona Floor Cleaner: It’s suitable for hardwoods which are otherwise very tricky to clean. This chemical also has the ability to kill bacteria and germs which might cause infections.
- Mrs. Meyers Floor Concrete Cleaner: The eco-friendly cleaner is great for multi-purpose use. It’s a quality formula with natural ingredients and it can be used to clean bathroom fixtures and countertops.
- Hoover Detergent Solution: It works well with all types of floor cleaning machines. Hoover Detergent doesn’t leave bubbles or foam on the surface of the floor.
- Fabuluso Cleaner: If you are on a tight budget, this eco-friendly floor cleaner will still leave your floor sparkling. It has natural ingredients, neutral PH and it’s suitable for all kinds of floors.
- Pine-Sol Multi-Surface Cleaner: It’s one of the top chemical cleaners for floors that’s suitable for multipurpose use. Pine-Sol cleaner has a sweet smell and it kills over 99 percent of germs and bacteria.
Best Floor Cleaning Mops
Staining or messing the floor is inevitable and therefore you need to invest in a reliable mop. If you are looking for something that will leave the floor sparkling clean, below is a brief overview of the best mops of 2019.
- O-Cedar Dual-Action Dust Mop: It’s rated as the best dust mop. O-Cedar Dual Action is great for quick floor touchups especially for homeowners who have pets that leave clumps of hair on the floor.
- iRobot Braava 380t: It’s a mopping robot that makes it easier for you to clean spills and dirt. It mops and sweeps the floor at the press of a button.
- Microfiber Wholesale Professional Mop: It’s suitable for mopping spills and cleaning dust. The durable and strong mop has a head swivel that can rotate up to 360 degrees hence it’s suitable for cleaning under the furniture, alongside cabinets, and other areas that are crammed.
- Casabella Original Mop: Reviews show that this floor cleaning mop has the best sponge for eliminating dirt. The heavy-duty mop has a durable design and it’s regarded as a cleaning workhorse.
- Swiffer WetJet Spray Mop: It’s one of the best spray mops that offers users convenience. Swiffer WetJet provides easy cleaning solutions at the press of a button.
Floor Cleaning Tips and Tricks
All floors are not the same because they are made of different materials. You need to know how you can perfectly tackle different types of floors. Outlined briefly below is an overview of tips and tricks that you can apply when cleaning various types of floors:
- Ceramic Tiles: Use a clean grout and universal cleaner. Avoid using a sponge mop.
- Carpets: Hair and fur should be picked. Salt and soda water are great for removing stains.
- Cleaning wood floors: Use neutral cleansers for waxed floors or freshly brewed natural wood floors.
- Laminate flooring: Spills should be mopped immediately with a focus on dry mopping.
- Natural stone floors: One of the best flooring types that’s easier to clean. Apart from adding a prevention layer, cleaning should be done with a chemical that has a neutral PH.
Floor Cleaning Service
There are firms which offer cleaning services. These businesses provide private property owners and corporates with specialized services for different types of floors and dirt. However, when you are choosing a cleaning service, it’s important to check their experience, type of equipment they have, as well as the customer reviews.
The Bottom Line
Whether it’s your home or office, untidy floors are unattractive health hazards that can cause infections and injuries. There are various tools and products which are used to clean dirty floors including floor mops, cleaning machines, and detergents. Even though it’s possible to clean them on your own, there are some instances when you need professional assistance and therefore you can employ a firm that offers relevant services.